dimanche 6 octobre 2013

Moscow part 2.

More beautiful pictures of beautiful Moscow with beautiful people&beautiful architecture.









The churches inside the Kremlin are HUGE. They are the most massive and impressive I've ever seen in my life, and I've seen many. Being the fanatic lover of religious building that I am, it was close to Heaven despite the weather, still not willing to participate in making our trip really summerlike.

Not only are they huge, but the details are just breathtaking, along with the pure whiteness of them all, which makes the place even more impressive and somehow austere.







We payed a visit to Novodietvichi monastery, next to which you can access the Novodievitchy cemetery, where are burried just to name a few Tchekhov, Rubinstein, Prokofiev or Khrouchtchev...






And we also visited Tolstoy's house. Unfortunately pictures inside weren't allowed, but it was very moving and humbling to enter the rooms where he&his family lived, to breathe in those rooms that are the witnesses of one of the greatest writter of all time's work&creation.


There are so many things I want to do in Moscow, and even more in Russia, that it would take weeks to be able to do them all. Despite many downsides, issues and a very contestable democracy Russia is a place that somehow caught my heart, and I am so charmed by all it has to offer. Hopefully I can go again, relatively soon, and see a lot more.

3 commentaires:

  1. Lovely photos of you, friend. And yes, those churches really are something to behold.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Beautiful pictures, especially of the church. I, too, have a fascination with religious buildings. Life has been incredibly busy lately and I've missed reading your blog. I hope you are well :-)

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. What about St. Peterburg? It's a very beautiful city! And what about Caucasus? Here we have amazing nature and a lot of places that are associated with the name of the great poet Lermontov.

    RépondreSupprimer