mercredi 23 janvier 2013

Being a traveller even at home.

Sometimes, I want to travel so much that I forget I live in Paris. Brenna, an amazing blogger( and most likely an amazing person), blogged about it recently, or kind of. She wrote about the posttravel blues. You know, how you get all down&depressed when you're back home after a trip, be it long or short, far away or few miles from home. 
I guess this has happened to everyone, and though I love my home, Paris&France on a more general note, there has only been once, I didn't feel this way. 
When travelling I feel so happy, free and clean. Light and new, always challenging myself without realizing it, discovering new things, enjoying even more the little pleasures of life. People are nice, and more friendly to foreigners usually( I don't exactly know why though); and even if sometimes I miss my bed, my bathroom, or France, the moment I land or cross the french border, on my way back home, I immediately want to go back.
The worse has to be the subway. The subway in Paris is dirty, crowded, people are so busy, running somewhere and I must say this isn't the most enjoyable place on earth. Well at least not when you're back from a trip. 

The longer the trip, the harder it seems to go back to normal/everyday life. And the more you see on your trip, the more amazed you get, the more nostalgic you feel back home.

When I went back from my trip through Europe in 2010, after having been to England, Germany, Hungary, Sweden and Russia, visiting London, Bath, Cheddar, Berlin, Leipzig, Budapest, Stockholm&Moscow, attending concerts every two days, I felt so so so very down to be back in Paris.
First feeling however was relief, because of how scared I was all alone in Moscow. But as soon as I understood I was back in France and completely safe, my heart started aching so bad.
The same happened after my trip to Japan( it was the worst without any doubt), but also my trip to Italy and Prague.
I dwell into memories, spend hours looking through pictures, watching videos again&again, read what I wrote during the trips, and because I keep EVERYTHING, I have tons of tickets, papers, flyers,pictures,stones,coins... to organize. I talk about the trip I've been on to everyone, and I guess I'm being quite annoying. 

And I sometimes forget how much I love Paris, and how beautiful this city is. Well I'm completely in love with Paris, I never get tired of walking in the little streets, I always look up for there's always something to see, to discover, there's always a store to enter, a restaurant to try, a church to be amazed by, a museum to explore, or a parc to get lost in. Paris is definitely an amazingly beautiful and breath taking city. 
Last week it snowed quite a lot, and I decided to take my sister out for a walk. We went to some of my favourite places, and I realized once more, how lucky I am to live here.
Well the same day at night, once back home I couldn't help but become all nostalgic of Japan again, but still I felt very happy where I was. 











hotshower after a long walk in the snow is the best!

hot chocolate&biscuits are quite nice too!



3 commentaires:

  1. Wow that's so beautiful. I've been to Paris long time ago but I don't recognize all these places, can you tell me what is the sixth one ?

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Paris.. ah.. I remember going a few times when I was a kid, like 10 and 12 yr old. I'm american of chinese descent and my relatives live there. I remember only drinking fruit juice because the water tasted differently (you must know what I mean, to travel and water tastes weird at other places). I loved to take the trash out because my grandmother had this chute in the kitchen and it was fun to throw paper into. I think if I go back now as 22 I would only drink juice, and I would probably feel some happiness to throw trash away... It's funny how as a kid, when I think back, I didn't remember too much of the whole city as I did the small, quirks, and weird things.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Aw, I'm glad that you identified with my post. Coming home is often very difficult but you're right, we have to look for all the good things around us!

    RépondreSupprimer