mercredi 4 décembre 2013

Eltz Burg.



so tiny

I love churches. cathedrals. basilicas. buddhist temples. shinto temples. mosques.And many other religious buildings. You already know that.

And you could think my love for achitecture ends here. Well... no.
I also love castles. A lot. 
I actually love them to the point of walking 10kms in the forest, in the rain, with very little sleep and an empty stomach, not to forget the very cold temperatures.
But when I look at those pictures of Eltz Burg and the forest it hides in, it's all just worth it. I actually don't remember being that cold, and didn't mind the rain at all. I did almost lose my shoe once or twice because of how muddy it was but I remember more than anything else, how beautiful it was, how peaceful it was, and how happy and serene I felt. 



The castle isn't easy to find. Nor online nor in real life. I don't even know how I ended up reading about it. maybe during these long wikipediasessions about anything&everything. And very surprinsingly, because it is beautiful it wasn't that touristy either. We barely met a few people, all german. 
We had to take the train from Cologne, change at Koblenz to Moselkern and from there, walk to the castle itself. If you don't know german it might seem a bit intidimating, but there are signs along the way to guide you!

This lovely house is the train station in Moselkern.



The beaut"!



The sis.

There are definitely many amazing castles in Germany, but this one is especially impressive, because of its location. It truly feels remote, like you're completely cut from the outside world and it actually feels GOOD. Definitely a place I'd like to see in summer, it must be beautiful as well. Only motivates more to pick up my germanstudies and to travel to Bayern for my birthday next month. 

As usual, thank you for reading&I hope you enjoyed the pictures!I was honestly so excited while taking them, so impatient to share them with you!

5 commentaires:

  1. Emy, I just loved these photos! It sounds like an amazing place to visit. I feel like there are so many "famous" castles in Germany and Europe that these littler known ones get overlooked. I visited a castle like this in Werfen, Austria and we had to walk quite a ways to get there and then up a very steep hill. It was totally worth it.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. What a gorgeous place! I loved watching your vlog too. The castle really does look like something out of a fairytale. Hope you're well lately :-)

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. I am so jealous! This is beautiful. I'd love to go there some day. I love religious buildings, as well as castles. I live in America but I wish I lived in Europe. The architecture over there is much more beautiful than here. I'd love to travel but it is too expensive! One day, i'll move to Europe and be able to travel to different countries and appreciate the buildings i'll find!

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. What a beautiful place! :D <3 Magical.

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. i've been to burg eltz twice during my life and each time, the journey and the castle was magical. i love that we've been to the same spot, as i live in canada and its so strange to think because we are strangers but i know you!

    RépondreSupprimer