mercredi 15 octobre 2014

Autumnal walk.









Oh fall how I love you. I love the way you let night slowly fall onto the city, putting the world into a misty state that doesn't belong to the night nor to daytime. I love the walks I take before dinner, when it gets cold enough to wear a scarf but not enough to make me want to go back home as soon as I put a feet on the pavement. I love the smell of the leaves and fresh air, the smell of the rain that's never too far. I love the soft light that turns grey skies into something strangely peaceful instead of gloomy. I love pretty much everything about you fall. I love how nostalgic you always are to me, yet so comforting and familiar. Really, fall, if I had to choose, I'd take you over summer! I'd choose the oversized sweater and the comfortable socks to the bikini and the tank top. But it's great we don't have to choose isn't it? That's how Nature does things ; perfectly.

2 commentaires:

  1. Autumn is my favorite season too! Though it's closely tied with winter.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. I just posted a comment a minute ago, and it's not showing, so I wasn't sure if you moderate or if it didn't get sent. I'm messaging it again just in case!

    --

    I'm a big fan of yours! I started studying French a few months ago which is how I found your youtube channel. I was wondering how long you studied English for. You write so beautifully, and you speak perfectly. I only hope I can get to the level of proficiency as you have!!

    - Stacy

    RépondreSupprimer