mardi 6 août 2013

Somewhere only we know.

I'm currently sitting in the dark, on my bed in front of my computer listening to some sad and melancholic song with a huge glass of water because my fridge is completely empty.
Laundry is hanging, suitcase is lying half empty in the middle of the hallway and my bed though comfortable feels strangely unfamiliar.
It's only been a few hours since I came back to Paris, after a trip through Eastern Europe, stopping by Bratislava, Budapest, Lviv, Kiev and Moscow and I already feel the consequences of coming back to "everyday life".
I need to reply to emails, send letters, get back to people, make sure my papers for school are okay, do grocery shopping and vacuum. I need to get back into the rythm of life, without planes and trains, passport control or new roommates in youth hostels.
It doesn't feel that good at all as you can probably imagine. Yet it feels like home, this flat. I love it. And I love Paris, who doesn't know about my love for the city by now?
However I can't help but miss little things about the cities that were my home for the past few days. All of  them in their own ways hosted us and I feel grateful that I could wander their streets and greet their people. There were so many laughs and smiles during this trip, probably one of the best I ever made if not the best one.
Each one of these lovely cities deserve a well written and thought post, that I don't have time right now to do, but I just wanted to let you know that I came back enchanted and in love from this trip. That Eastern Europe is and will definitely always be my favourite place on Earth and that I can't wait to go back.



Bratislava's streets



Budapest the magnifique

First contact with Ukraine




St Sofia in Kiev

Around the redsquare

St Basil at night

Novodievitchi Monastery

Tolstoi's house in Moscow

Public little library in Moscow's streets

1 commentaire:

  1. I feel the same way about my trip... I have to properly process everything and put all the stories into proper posts on their own. For me, this definitely takes time! I admire travel bloggers who can do this as they travel!
    PS beautiful photos! x

    RépondreSupprimer