vendredi 23 août 2013

The grass there is greener.



I fell in love with Budapest probably before I even stepped in the airport. In my parisian room, on my bed, browsing online I was typing those words to my friend " I am going to love Budapest, I'm sure I will!". That's how my relationship, this amazing romantic relationship with Budapest started. The minute I walked outside of the airport, into the train that would lead us to the center of the town I knew I was right, I knew I was going to love Budapest, and I knew I would be sad to leave.

I didn't stay very long there unfortunately, the first time I visited the city my stay was two days long. Despite it being brief, and after two years, I still remembered the streets, the metro, the cafés and the feeling of the setting sun on the bridges above the Danube.


Back in Paris after my first visit, I realized how much I wanted to go back! I spent hours online searching for bars, museums, churches and parks ... dreaming of everywhere I would go next. "Next" was actually going to be a couple of weeks ago. I couldn't stay as long as I wanted to originally, well I'd like to stay forever, hopefully one day will be able to move there for a while, but I definitely had time to enjoy and discover more of beautiful Budapest!


First thing was Vajdahunyad vára or Vajdahunyad castle.


There are actually two castles in Budapest. The "Buda one" and the "Pest one" if one could say so. Both are extremely different, and extremely worth the visit.







I know I was supposed to write about Kiev, but I felt like this blog needed a bit of Budapest!
Because I miss it, I do miss it everyday, I miss the quietness and timeless beauty, I miss the peace that I find when I'm there. And I'm pretty sure you can't get bored of Budapest right? Even the name sounds so romantic and elegant! It's just my second home, what can I say!

2 commentaires:

  1. I'm so happy for you and that you've enjoyed your visit. We are very lucky, I think, when we can find such a second home.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. I'm so jealous that you travel to so many nice places! I live by NYC (which is nice) but I wish I lived in Europe because it would be much easier to travel to different countries. Budapest looks beautiful. I would feel blessed going there.

    RépondreSupprimer