mardi 27 novembre 2012

Daydreaming of Venice.

I'm leaving on friday for Prague, with my sister, and that makes me so happy! I've been wanting to go there for about 7years, because back then I had a huge interest in Czech Republic. It is still the case, more or less, my interest has now widen up to most Eastern Europe. For many people eastern europe is kind of boring, but I have always loved it. You know already that I've fallen I love with Budapest and Hungary, I love Germany and Austria and I can't wait to go to Poland and Ukraine. Prague is going to be amazing, I can't wait! Let's just say that we're taking the bus, and that it is going to be long and tiring. We'll arrive at 5& a half am, after around 14hours on the road. Pretty much exhausting,but we're young !

Lately I've been thinking of Venezia a lot, I miss the sun, the little streets so peaceful and quiet thanks to no car at all, the sea everywhere, the seats at the end of the vaporettos and the fresh air on your face and shoulders, the Lido beach, the neverending days, the silence that make the churches even more impressive and imposing.











It's quite funny how sometimes, places or trips take some time before becoming happy memories, or somewhere you'd like to go back to. When I was in Venice, I liked it a lot, but I didn't think I'd miss it once back in Paris. Right now it's gray and cold in Paris, today was a rainy day, and I can't help but daydream of Venice and the warmth of these old houses, the beauty of those palaces facing the green sea, like marble cliffs, and this bench on which I had picnics made of cherry tomatoes&grappes.



all pictures are my friend's ones :)


I can't wait to walk in Venice again, to spend a week there, enjoying the single fact of being lazy, free of any chore or duty in such a beautiful city. 

Where would you like to go or to be now?




3 commentaires:

  1. cute photo of you and your sister! Venice is such an amazing place.. :) but you have to walk soooooo much!!!

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. What a gorgeous video - provides a perfect overview of Italy. I love Venice too... it's seriously magical. Personally, I ache to be in Madrid!

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Your descriptions are wonderful. Only a writer can do that!

    RépondreSupprimer